VENICE AND ISLANDS OF TH LAGOON
This excursion will allow you to know in depth the habits and customs of Venice but also of Burano and Murano the two typical and close islands of the lagoon.
After a visit to the beautiful city of Venice characterized by ancient buildings, its little Calli, Piazza San Marco,its typical bridges including the Bridge of Sighs and the Rialto Bridge, the tour continues by going to Burano and Murano.Venezia e Isole della Laguna
Burano is the island of the lagoon famous for its colorful houses and for the colored boats which, by reflecting on water, will give you the impression of being characters inside a fantastic painting. It is said that the colorful houses gave the fishermen the possibility to find their houses when they came home from work during days of heavy fog. Burano is characterized by the beautiful Campanile of the small Church of St. Martino in which there is a painting of the Crucifixion by Tiepolo. But do not forget that this colorful island in the lagoon is also famous for its hand-made lace that you can buy in the various small shops located throughout the island. You will have the possibility also to visit the small museum of the Lace School and attend to the production of laces.
The island of Murano is very famous for its glass. This ancient art has been passed down by Venetian traders when it was going to disappear from all over Europe with the fall of the ‘Roman Empire. This allowed Venice to sell its products throughout Europe at an advantageous price. To avoid the risks of fires and to keep the secret of the glass working art the glass factories were moved from Venice to Murano. In the glass shops and glass factories of the island you can admire real works of art of all shapes and colours. In this beautiful island you will have also the possibility to visit the Glass Museum situated at the Giustinian Palace. Murano hosts also famous buildings such as the Basilica of Saints Maria and Donato, one of the oldest sacred buildings of the whole lagoon, characterized by Venetian, Byzantine and Romanesque elements. The floor of this church is characterized by a colored beautiful mosaic.
The excursion includes:
- Departure from Jesolo in 7.50 – 8.20 by private bus
- At Punta Sabbioni boarding on private motorboat
- Arrival to Murano
- Visit to a glass factory in Murano
- Free time in Murano
- Arrival to Burano and touring a Gallery
- Free time in Burano
- Transfer from the hotel to Punta Sabbioni and return
- Boat from Punta Sabbioni in Venice and the islands of Murano and Burano and return
- Touristic Escort
- Arrival to Jesolo at 19.00
- Every Monday
- Adults € 68,00
- Children € 34,00 (children from 4 to 11 years)
HOW TO BOOK
- Select from the map the pick up point closest to you or choose
- one from the list below the map.
- Click on the logo for more info.
- Select the date of your excursion.
- Click on "SELECT EXCURSION" button.
- You will be asked for your personal datas and the number of partecipants.
- The payment will be done through CC payment.