CORTINA AND DOLOMITIES
Cortina is a famous town situated in the mountains in the district of Belluno. It is known and frequented by the international jet set, it is in fact not unusual to see famous people walking on the streets of Cortina coming from all around the world. Cortina e le Dolomiti
The main square that characterizes this beautiful city is Piazzetta San Francesco. From this square begins a series of narrow streets on which you can proceed to a real tour of the city. These streets are full of sports shops, jewelers, typical shops, restaurants and cafes where it is possible to spend relaxing moments.
If you want to make a cultural tour you can visit the Basilica of SS. Philip and James built between 1775 and 1779 in which you can admire the martyrdom of St. James and St. Philip and the beautiful marble altars. The symbol of Cortina is considered the majestic bell tower next to the church which is visible from anywhere in the valley, it is 69.50 meters high and it was built between 1852 and 1858.
In Cortina there is also the Paleontological Museum R. Zardini in which there is the largest collection of fossils of the Dolomites, some dating back even to 230 million years ago and the Ethnological Museum of Redole d ‘Ampezzo containing historical artifacts of local history.
In 1959 Cortina has hosted the Winter Olympics and there is still the Olympics Ice Stadium in which take place numerous sports events.
Departure between the 7. 30 and the 8. 10
- Stop and panoramic visit to the Lake of Holy Cross
- Arrival at Cortina at 12. 00
- Free time for the dinner
- Departure from Cortina at 15.00
- Stop to Misurina Lake
- Arrival at Jesolo at 19.00
- Transfer from hotel to destination and return
- Tourist Escort
- Every Wednesday
- Adults € 50,00
- Children € 25,00 (children from 4 to 11 years)
HOW TO BOOK
- Select from the map the pick up point closest to you or choose
- one from the list below the map.
- Click on the logo for more info.
- Select the date of your excursion.
- Click on "SELECT EXCURSION" button.
- You will be asked for your personal datas and the number of partecipants.
- The payment will be done through CC payment.